[sword-devel] Managing Bible translation

Dmitrijs Ledkovs dmitrij.ledkov at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 6 10:03:56 MST 2010

On 6 September 2010 07:09, Teus Benschop <teusjannette at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >         I am thinking of ways to manage Bible translation well in
>> >         git/bzr/svn or
>> >         whatever other VCS or DVCS.

There is xml2po tool designed in Gnome which extracts translatable
strings from XML and generates "pot" template and "po" translation
files. This can then be stored in a bzr branch and imported into
launchpad.net. That way both bzr can be used to translate offline
using familiar tools e.g. poedit. As well translations can be done
online using Launchpad.net website.

xml2po might need changes to process OSIS better.