[sword-devel] Xiphos 3.1.4 source tarball is released

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 08:26:22 MST 2010

te:

> It's not just a matter of strict dependencies.
>
> Xiphos for Windows also comes packed with all the Sword Win32 utilities.
>
> As there have been some bugs fixed in these between 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 - it
> would be frustrating for Xiphos users to not have these as part of the
> Xiphos 3.1.4 installation.
>
> I think it is wise for the Xiphos team to await 1.6.2 to be ready in place
> before rolling out the download.

If it were only that simple. It may indeed work out that way, but in a
3-month period I have about 5 hours available to devote to this. If
those 5 hours come before 1.6.2 is released then I have to either
stick with the released version or release based on SWORD svn (which I
have done in the past). Either way is a real pain, but I'm sorry I do
not have time to just wait around for a release.

Matthew