[sword-devel] imp2vs and LZSS compression?

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Fri Oct 22 05:52:50 MST 2010

Thanks for the report.  Silly bug that's been there forever.  Fixed.

Thanks for reminding me that we even had a default for compression type.
 I would rather there not even be a default, I guess.  I don't want
.conf files to start leaving out the CompressType entry.

The advantage (theoretically) is that the SWORD engine includes the LZSS
compression/decompression code so it can be used where there is no libz
available (handhelds or whatever).  And also, this has been stated
before, but the original reason to include LZSS compression was to
support the STEP publishing standard, which we have some basic utilities
to do, but since we don't have a robust RTF -> HTML converter, most of
our frontends wouldn't display STEP modules very well.

Anyway, thanks again for the bug reports David.  Appreciate you
exercising features we haven't dusted the cob webs off of for a while.

Troy