[sword-devel] superfluous spaces in Chinese text

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Thu Oct 21 06:53:42 MST 2010

> Von: Matthew Patenaude <mnglfiddle at gmail.com>
> An: sword-devel at crosswire.org

> Anyone have any idea why these issues?

Probably because no one of us reads Chinese... :-)

No, seriously - when you prepare a module for a language of which you know nothing then there are likely problems. One common problem is the inability to assess the quality of our source texts. Here probably we were given a source text which was poor and then might have added our very own problems to it.

We are all getting a lot better at these things all the time, individually and collectively, but nevertheless.

The best possible solution would probably for you to identify a quality source without all the problems you mention and then we could prepare a new module.

in Him

Peter

--
GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 &euro;/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit