[sword-devel] Chinese PinYin, OSIS, SWORD and front-ends

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Wed Oct 20 03:48:12 MST 2010

> Von: DM Smith <dmsmith at crosswire.org>
> My guess is that we can add a transliterator that would go from oikos to
> οικοσ. That way, the transliteration would not need to be stored.
>
> I don't know enough about Chinese and PinYin to know if this would work.

I think the biggest problem with Chinese -> PinYin is that it is a many to one transliteration, so searching for one pinyin expression could reach far too many results. But I guess someone who reads at least rudimentarily will find their way around in the results created.

Peter

--
GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 &euro;/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit