[sword-devel] Chinese PinYin, OSIS, SWORD and front-ends

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 13:54:59 MST 2010

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 4:19 AM, David Haslam <d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk> wrote:

> Something to ponder for the future then, maybe?
>
> See  http://crosswire.org/wiki/Talk:Transliteration
> http://crosswire.org/wiki/Talk:Transliteration
>
> Thanks, Chris, for useful comments there.

As Chris says there, it would require indexing both versions of the
module, something I don't believe is currently possible. What would be
cool (imo) is to have the transliterated text available in a different
field, much as lemma is done now. Then a search for trans:something
would access the transliterated data. Of course, it would be nice to
provide this transparently to the end user.

Matthew