[sword-devel] IMP2VS inconsistent with MOD2IMP for two Bible books

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Mon Oct 18 06:49:39 MST 2010

For these two books, the book names output using MOD2IMP are:

Song of Solomon
Revelation of John

Making the round-trip using IMP2VS creates a module in which these two books
are inexplicably inaccessible.

This suggests that there is a software bug in IMP2VS

I suspect there is a parsing problem whereby it cannot cope with more than a
single space in a bookname.
i.e.  "II Corinthians" works OK, whereas "Song of Solomon" doesn't.

My workaround was to replace these two book names in the IMP file by simply

i.e. Replace "$$$Song of Solomon" by "$$$Song", "$$$Revelation of John" by

The real solution would be to make the correction in the source code for
IMP2VS and recompile it.

Please would someone follow this up.  Thanks.

David Haslam