[sword-devel] IMP2VS inconsistent with MOD2IMP for two Bible books

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Mon Oct 18 06:49:39 MST 2010

For these two books, the book names output using MOD2IMP are:

Song of Solomon
Revelation of John

Making the round-trip using IMP2VS creates a module in which these two books
are inexplicably inaccessible.

This suggests that there is a software bug in IMP2VS

I suspect there is a parsing problem whereby it cannot cope with more than a
single space in a bookname.
i.e.  "II Corinthians" works OK, whereas "Song of Solomon" doesn't.

My workaround was to replace these two book names in the IMP file by simply

Song
Revelation

i.e. Replace "$$$Song of Solomon" by "$$$Song", "$$$Revelation of John" by
"$$$Revelation"

The real solution would be to make the correction in the source code for
IMP2VS and recompile it.

Please would someone follow this up.  Thanks.

David Haslam