[sword-devel] Config file for thml module

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Tue Nov 30 15:30:02 MST 2010

On 11/30/2010 6:58 AM, Greg Hellings wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Chris Little<chrislit at crosswire.org>  wrote:
>> It's also worth noting that only the OSIS and TEI counts are likely to
>> increase much in the future.
>
> For your work, perhaps.  But with the current state of OSIS vs ThML
> that I mentioned in my email a few minutes ago, I will be producing
> ThML for some time to come, Karl produces predominantly ThML modules,
> and other people who are more concerned about controlling the display
> of their material over the semantics of their markup are likely to go
> with ThML.  So I have my doubts about your assertion.  We'll see.

Yes, others will continue to create ThML, but everything that goes into
the CrossWire repositories will probably be either OSIS or TEI. And the
existing content will gradually be converted from ThML & GBF to OSIS. As
yet, that conversion has occurred on the basis of needed updates, but I
plan to convert a number of sets of modules en masse this holiday.
Besides this, I really wouldn't say that the collective output of people
producing content in ThML for the Xiphos repository has any chance of
countering the trend of OSIS/TEI content produced for CrossWire
(numerically speaking).

--Chris