[sword-devel] Config file for thml module

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Mon Nov 29 21:36:32 MST 2010

On 11/29/2010 7:19 PM, Greg Hellings wrote:
> It must be working, because of the two main formats that are available
> (semantic OSIS and presentational ThML) I'd venture to guess that ThML
> is the more common in SWORD modules.  I'm open to being wrong, but I
> would guess that I'm not.

This isn't particularly scientific, and there is plenty of room for
criticism of my methods (e.g., perhaps the "v11n" modules, all in OSIS,
shouldn't be counted or the glossaries, all ThML, shouldn't be counted),
but this gives a quick picture of the current state of our content
format. My counts are based on the three CrossWire repositories, and
only count the most recent version of a module (so, if we had a module
in pub and in beta, only the beta would be counted).

OSIS 212 modules
ThML 156 modules
Plaintext 42 modules
GBF 30 modules
TEI 22 modules

It's also worth noting that only the OSIS and TEI counts are likely to
increase much in the future.

--Chris