[sword-devel] Config file for thml module

Trevor Jenkins trevor.jenkins at suneidesis.com
Mon Nov 29 11:57:30 MST 2010

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010, Greg Hellings <greg.hellings at gmail.com> wrote:

> And ThML continues to be used to create Bible modules because it is the best
> tool for module creators who care about their presentation more than some
> semantic dream world of markup.

Um, strictly speaking a markup scheme (such as ThML) is divorced from
presentational issues. Markup should identify document structure it
shouldn't deal with display at all. But then having been a member of
IEC/ISO TC1/SC18/WG8 at the time SGML was being standardised I have a very
dogmatic view of markup; generalised not procedural. Sadly after all our
efforts in WG8 to separate the two things the creators of HTML mixed them
up again. Duh!

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!