[sword-devel] Proper Import Tools (Was: Re: osis2mod debugging/titles)

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 17 10:36:21 MST 2010

Greg,

I never said it was an OSIS sourced module!

The translators' maintained source text file is an Open Office spreadsheet
with only three kinds of rudimentary brackets as markup for (a) added words,
(b) Words of Jesus, (c) canonical Psalm titles.  The original structure is
entirely BCV, so it did not require milestone forms.

IMP format has the upside of simplicity, as well as being inherently capable
of easily carrying relatively simple OSIS elements.
Providing these have been applied consistently, the XML file that will
result from Chris running imp2osis.pl should validate.

Using IMP has been a useful exercise for me. Don't decry the valuable
lessons learned. I've observed friends go straight to the complexities of
OSIS XML, and the resulting modules still have major issues. I want to walk
without falling over before I learn to run.

David