[sword-devel] Display of bookGroup titles?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 13 12:40:54 MST 2010

Hi Greg,

I was thinking along that line. $$$[ Testament 1 Heading ]
<title>El Antiguo Testamento</title>

$$$Genesis 0:0
<title type="main">Génesis (awaiting verbose titles)</title>

$$$Genesis 1:0
<title type="chapter">Génesis 1</title>IMP2VS builds the bookGroup title
into the module, just like the other titles, but Xiphos does not display it.
Hence my curious questions.

The KJV module does not use any title in the [ Testament n Heading ]. I
already checked. I have not yet come across any module that does.
Even so, as the wiki describes their use, front-end developers should take
account to implement displaying them accordingly.

btw. I'm having good success using import format with IMP2VS, as the Bible
source text I'm working on has very few features, all of which are
adequately supported by including OSIS elements within the IMP file.  It
seemed a much simpler route to making a module than full preprocessing to
OSIS. This may be a technique that others have not considered. For newcomers
to module making, it can be far less daunting.

FWIW, modules constructed using OSIS2MOD may have something at this
position.$$$[ Testament 2 Heading ]
<milestone type="x-importer" subType="x-osis2mod" n="$Rev: 2562 $"/>That was
pasted from the MOD2IMP output from module SBLGNT. Yet note the absence of
any title element.

David