[sword-devel] RSS feeds and news page

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Fri Nov 12 02:48:29 MST 2010

> Von: Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org>

> What I had thought you were suggesting was that we supplement the
> existing news feed at http://crosswire.org/sword/index.jsp with news
> pulled in from other RSS feeds. Not that I've looked at the code or
> anything, but this should be relatively trivial. This also has the
> advantage of putting everything in the same pot. As you have it, there
> are separate boxes for a number of apps and one box for everything else,

Ah, sorry, I was not clear enough then.

What you suggest is good, my only concern is that very active sources of news will then drown out others - just as happens now. That was the original reason for me spreading things out. I think a release of the library 6/12 ago is still relevant news, while the existence of x betas prior to the release of frontend A is irrelevant. The release is the only thing which should show from this frontend and earlier news releases should vanish.

I guess the solution is to have a single thread but sourcing only the very latest piece of news from any given source + possibly weighing some news more heavily (e.g. engine news)

Peter

--
GRATIS! Movie-FLAT mit über 300 Videos.
Jetzt freischalten unter http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/maxdome