[sword-devel] Psalm 119 stanza headings

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Mon Nov 8 15:50:29 MST 2010

Hi David,
Just got back from a holiday weekend. Thus the lack of response from me. My wife, Lisa, and I went to PSU to celebrate 35 years of Alliance Christian Fellowship, a church that we were part of the founding in 1975 and following. We also got the privilege of being there when Joe Pa celebrated his 400 win as a head coach in football.

IIRC, the encoding that you see in the KJV was my invention with some input from Chris. There are other places in the Bible where we have a transliteration of the pronunciation of the original language. These might be served by the same or better markup.

The n attribute in TEI seems to be the place to hang a display attribute. I used it to capture the Hebrew letter. Not that there was an intention that it should/must be displayed. More as a placeholder for the future.

As I look at my Old Scofield KJV, I see that it shows both with the Hebrew letter first. But in the KJV 1611 facsimile at upenn.edu it only shows the transliteration.

So look at it that it is there to hold information.

In Him,
	DM