[sword-devel] What is a Sword module?

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Thu Nov 4 18:22:15 MST 2010

On Nov 4, 2010, at 8:47 PM, Robert Hunt wrote:

> Looking at http://crosswire.org/wiki/Main_Page (and elsewhere), I don't see any documentation for the Sword module format. Is it documented anywhere other than in the code or by dissecting a module?

Robert,
The only documentation that will be provided is the code itself. It is not commented very well. This is deliberate. It is not commented very well. That is not deliberate;) All the code is readily available.

We try to provide a complete solution so that modules can easily be read and written using the SWORD library or the JSword library. The JSword library lags the SWORD library in some capabilities. We have bindings for other languages such as php.

We have found that by taking this position that we have encouraged collaboration and usage of the SWORD and JSword libraries.

If you are thinking of contributing to the code that works with modules, we can walk you through it at that time.

In Him,
	DM