[sword-devel] Multi-xref sets

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Thu May 20 15:51:41 MST 2010

DM Smith <dmsmith at crosswire.org> writes:
> I don't see your point. I thought your original question was how a
> module should be encoded, not how people should input a reference list.

I'm concerned with encoding in more than one context.

Existing refs in pre-made modules are just one example of how such refs
get used.  But when users are editing their own content, and thus
inputting a ref list, we cannot expect them to use osisref syntax.  So
when you say, "I'd like to see scripRef have the passage or osisref
attribute, preferably the latter," you seem to neglect that those kinds of
qualifiers are not going to be used by people generating their own
content.