[sword-devel] Xiphos : copy'n'paste to facebook produces Chinese !

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Thu May 6 05:26:40 MST 2010

I'm using Firefox 3.6.3 under Windows XP SP3 fully updated. Firefox is
Unicode compliant.

xiphos 3.1.2-gtkhtml3

I'm still mystified.

The KJV verse I copied was Isaiah 57:1 (without the verse tag).

If I select what facebook received, and copy it back into a Unicode
compliant text editor, it looks like this.

Could the clipboard include the BOM (for UTF-8)? If so, would this be why
facebook misparses the paste?
Why should the BOM be included in the clipboard? That would not be the
logical thing to do.