[sword-devel] subsection references -- OSIS equivalent of ThML #anchor?

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Fri Mar 19 08:08:44 MST 2010

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 10:35:11 -0400
> Von: Karl Kleinpaste <karl at kleinpaste.org>
> An: sword-devel at crosswire.org
> Betreff: Re: [sword-devel] subsection references -- OSIS equivalent	of	ThML	#anchor?

> "Peter von Kaehne" <refdoc at gmx.net> writes:
> > Basically every addressable section/subsection of a book would get its
> > own OsisID along the scheme described for Bibles.
>
> Although we can devise schemes by which to extricate section separators
> in genbooks and dictionaries, verse-keyed commentary content is
> different.  The identification scheme is strictly book/chapter/verse.
> It is exactly the need to reach into a sub-verse region that I want to
> accomplish.

The scheme seems to support this:

section 15.3

15.3. Sub-identifiers
Translations also often split verses into parts, provided labels such as ‘a’ and ‘b’ for the separate parts.
Encoders may freely add sub-identifiers below the lowest standardized level. They are set off from the
standardized portion by the character ‘!’. For example:
Rev.2.20!b

> In any event, even for genbooks and dictionaries, the engine would
> require some modification so that, when asked for
> "/This/Key/That/Ends/Here/subsection" it correctly returns content for
> "/This/Key/That/Ends/Here" and allows the application to devise its own
> means by which to reach "subsection."

Are you sure? This is AFAICT part of the genbook stuff which had been at latest included when genbook bibles were introduced.

> At the moment, I am dealing quite well with verse-keyed content of the
> previously-mentioned form, that is, Book Ch:Vs#subsection, except that I
> must strip off "#subsection" manually when navigating, because currently
> "Gen 1:2#n13" is bogusly interpreted by VerseKey::ParseVerseList() as
> "Gen 1:13". /oops/

I think the extension is a exclamation mark rather than a hash. I have seen Troy doing stuff down to work level on wordweb, so I think it should work.

Peter