[sword-devel] OSIS Validation

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 21:26:25 MST 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 8:39 PM, troypulk <troypulk at yahoo.com> wrote:
> The error lies in the mod2osis and how it renders the .xml

Actually this is not the case.  Chris Little and I got to the bottom
of this over IRC today and it was actually a problem with how the
older versions of osis2mod stored the new module as they created it.
Newer versions of osis2mod do not have this bug.  Chris said he was
going to upload a new version of the KJV to the Beta repository that
was imported with the newer versions of the tool.  The new utility
also renders the problematic epigraphs validly.

With a properly imported module, my current version of mod2osis only
presents a single invalid point for the KJV.  I have not tried other
Bibles recently, but when I was working in the past, it worked even
better on other modules, which generally have simpler markup than the
KJV.

I hope to have a new patch set for mod2osis available soon that fully
supports round-tripping of OSIS-source modules, and I've also made
headway in the past on working with ThML and GBF module sources.  I'll
let you know how things turn out.

--Greg