[sword-devel] Xiphos : copy'n'paste to facebook produces Chinese !

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Sat Jun 19 23:26:50 MST 2010

Karl,

I just discovered that the same bug happens when I copy to a message being
edited in Yahoo! webmail.

This would suggest that the root cause lies either with the Windows
clipboard itself, or in Xiphos.
It proves that it is not uniique to facebook, where I first encountered the
problem.

As far as I am concerned, this is still a serious issue, and should be
investigated further.

There have been persistent reports that something is amiss with the Windows
clipboard for quite some time.
It's the copy operation that sometimes fails to copy, rather than the paste
action.
Mostly the symptom is that the copy action is not done at all, so the
clipboard remains empty, or in a worse scenario, still contains the
previously copied object. With Xiphos text being the selection to be copied,
it could be that we have hit on a case somewhere between extremes.

David

System Info.  WinXP SP3 fully patched.  BT Yahoo! Webmail, via Firefox 3.6.3