[sword-devel] OS X/iPhoneOS based development

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Mon Jun 14 16:30:11 MST 2010

Hehe - now you see why Manfred and I quite enjoy Xcode... ;)

I am personally not interested in a nice framework like you are talking about, as PocketSword wants to be as small as possible given it is installed on a mobile device.  So I don't need the cross-platform & -arch stuff that you want to do. But I love the sound of it. :)
But, apple have tried to make Xcode work nicely with make/cmake tools & the cmake guys have then taken advantage of that and made cmake do what you have seen. :)

Sorry I'm coming in at the end of this discussion - timezones can be interesting! But I'll try to help answer any other questions you have about Xcode - you could also take a look at the PocketSword setup on bitbucket? But now that you can see a nice and big and complicated Xcode project, hopefully that helps you understand how it all works.  :)

Thanks, ybic
    nic... :)

ps: Manfred: I owe you several emails - sorry, will try to reply when I get home tonight! :)