No subject

Fri Jun 4 06:18:41 MST 2010

get it xcode projects for any arches/sdk's you want/need.

Furthermore the generated xcode project is in subdir but it doesn't
copy over source files instead they are referenced to the source dir
from where cmake was run. So anything I edit in xcode is editing the
svn checkout.

The source tree in xcode project looks about the same as the checkout.
But the targets are structured wonderfully. You get the dynlib target,
when you click on it it shows all the source files which are needed to
build that target only. And every single little tool has it's own
target and it depends on libsword target and lists only it's own
sourcecode. Naturally there is the almightly "build everything" target
=)

The best bit is probably that the xcode project is linked back to
cmake. Each target has pre & post rule in xcode to talk back to cmake
and reconfigure on the fly.

And finally the actually compile uses Xcode built-in rules so I get
all xcode features, as if I defined the xcode project from scratch /
by hand. So i get xcode precompiled headers, pre-binding, caching and
parallel builds and can run debugger, DTrace and all that jazz against
it.

If CMake does the same for Visual Studio then hands-down cmake rocks
and sword really needs it if we want to seriously push into mobile
device.

I think it will be easy enough to create my dream sword.framework
using this, since by the looks of it I'll just define a separate
project, import the library from this cmake-xcode project and play
around with it to turn in into a framework. Although I'm gonna start
with cmake first cause probably we can tweak it into turning
sword.dynlib into framework =)

/me is probably gonna switch xiphos to cmake as well =)))))) for the
sake of buidling on mac at least =)