[sword-devel] Katana / Maemo / N900

Teus Benschop teusjannette at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 10:33:46 MST 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-10 at 12:14 -0500, Nathan Anderson wrote:
> Then a
> group of us decided we wanted to write a QT based version and so Katana was
> started.  It has most of the features in Rapier; but it is a lot faster and
> more finger friendly.  ;-)

I tried it out, and indeed, Katana is more finger friendly than Rapier,
and Katana seems to better follow guidelines for the gui on Maemo. When
opening the KJV, for example, Katana properly shows the text. It nicely
fills the whole screen. WLC is the same. Aleppo too. But when opening
the Ndebele Bible, a Bible produced by Bibledit from USFM files, it only
displays the chapter numbers and the verse numbers. Producing this Bible
was done through osis2mod. It displays fine in Xiphos. Are there any
hints about how to produce a Sword module from USFM files that display
properly in Katana? Perhaps there are certain settings in the .conf file
that need to be set to specific values? Any help is appreciated! Teus
Benschop