[sword-devel] Conceptual Concordance

Steve Gronka stevegronka at me.com
Sat Jul 31 08:20:43 MST 2010

Hello God bless you Sword-development,

	Both DM Smith and Manfred Bergmann suggested that I contact you about
a project that I have been working on for a few years.  It is a
concordance of concepts which stresses textual context.  Both DM and
Manfred observed the synonym element of the project, but it goes
beyond that to identify that at times a concept is spoken of in terms
of context and related ideas.

	Following is my original communication to them:

	Hello God bless you DM,

>  Initially I went to the support function on the MacSword Homepage
> and used the system (Report bugs/Issues) to send the info that I
> sent to you.  I couldn't send because the a message was presented
> that said my username is not recognized.
>
>  I am using MacSword to do a concordance of concepts.  The project
> started 10 years ago in hard copy and then was put into digital form
> on a PC.  The PC was stolen three years ago and I subsequently
> became an Apple Head.  I had a Mac Pro for the last five years, but
> because you couldn't find a decent Mac Bible program until MacSword
> I kept everything on the PC laptop (since I am on the road 12 months
> a year).  Anyway MacSword is great!  I tried to use the PC version
> on some PC laptops used by people that want to help with the
> Concordance of Concepts project, but found that the PC version
> didn't seem to work near as well as the Mac version.
>
>  If you can forward my suggestions below it would be much appreciated.
>
>  If you know anyone who would want to be a part of the Concordance
> of Concepts project please have them contact me!  Just as an example
> of the purpose, if you search idolatry in a concordance you get a
> very limited view of what God wants us to know about it because He
> uses numerous other terms to refer to it such as abomination,
> adultery, whoredom, and other terms.
>
>  Looking forward to hearing from you!
>
> Mercy, grace, peace, and the love of Christ be with you always,
> Steve

Steve Gronka

M. Steven Gronka
Fearless Leader
Advance America Foundation
Sea Quest Kids
Kids Broadcasting and Boating Networks
KBN Sea Action News
KBN See Action News
Advance America Foundation Film and Television Division

6 South Dillwyn Road
Newark, DE 19711-5544
USA

www.seaquestkids.org or advanceaf.org