[sword-devel] MacSword version corrupted

Manfred Bergmann manfred.bergmann at me.com
Sat Jul 31 13:22:27 MST 2010

Hello Steve.

The 64-bit mode which version 2.2.5 included is defective. This resulted in exactly the problem you described.
You can either force the application to start in 32-bit mode. This is configurable through Finder when you right-click on the MacSword icon and choose "Information". Somewhere on the top there should be a check box saying "Open in 32-bit mode".
Or, you can update to version 2.2.6 which has the 64-bit binaries removed again due to those problems.
Any version can be downloaded on the SourceForge web page where the project actually is hosted:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/macsword/

We have a dedicated MacSword mailing list which you can write to. Or you can use our MacSword forum here:
http://www.crosswire.org/forums/mvnforum/index
You will normally get very prompt replies there.