[sword-devel] PocketSword v1.3.1 released

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Tue Jul 27 19:27:47 MST 2010

Hi all,

Just a quick note to say that PocketSword v1.3.1 has been released.  I forgot to announce 1.3.0 a couple of weeks ago, which was actually worth announcing (whereas 1.3.1 is just bug fixes).  1.3.0 includes:

- daily devotional support
- new search mechanism in the dictionary section
- added Xiphos & bible.org to the downloader (plus a mechanism to update the repository list from the master repo list)
- ability to add a custom repo ( does anyone other than Karl actually have their own private repos?  :D )
- added iOS4 support, so those ppl who are lucky enough to have an iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4 can do multitasking (*sigh* I have a 3G, so no joy for me!)
- headings support
- Russian & Traditional Chinese l10n
- iTunes now backs up the user's modules when you do a sync!
- loads of bug fixes & improvements under the hood.
- Switched version control to be using Mercurial on bitbucket.org

a fair bit, when I list it like that...  :)
On the last bit, I've switched PocketSword to now be using Mercurial.  I'm absolutely loving it and will never move back to SVN.  :)  productivity has increased, and I now do commits much more frequently (like I'm meant to be doing!), which is great.  A commit is pretty much instantaneous, and then I do a push once a day or something like that, which is quicker than I found a commit to be with SVN...  :)
If CrossWire were to decide to move over to git, I'd consider moving to git, but Mercurial is more efficient, given that the command line tool is "hg" instead of "git" -- much less typing!  ;)
Anyway, I was able to convert the entire changelog from the PocketSword SVN into Mercurial, so all the changes & tags (& lack of my tags!) are kept & moved over to Mercurial.  :)  So, the initial commit is from scribe...  ;)

Ok, enough from me.  Have fun, ybic
	nic...  :)

----
Nic Carter
PocketSword Developer - an iPhone Bible Study app
www: http://crosswire.org/pocketsword
iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/app/Pocketsword/id341046078
Twitter: http://twitter.com/pocketsword