[sword-devel] JSword documentation correction required?

Chris Burrell chris at burrell.me.uk
Fri Jul 16 09:41:08 MST 2010

Hi all

The documentation of Key.getName()  suggests that getName() will return the
short name, such as Mat 1:1 but in fact, when I was just using it out of the
box, I got Matthew 1:1 instead!

            Books.installed().getBook(version).getKey(reference).getName();

But I've found, that we have to set BibleInfo.setFullBookName(false); first,
for this to end up in short names. Not being completely familiar with the
whole JSword framework, does this have other implications given this is a
static assignment? In particular for concurrency/multi user environment for
example?

Does this affect the passage lookup mechanism too? for the title tag for
example? or is taken straight from the Sword module, and therefore this
wouldn't affect it...?
Just wondering...

The interface in question is Key.java.
Chris