[sword-devel] OSIS variants

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Thu Jan 7 15:08:33 MST 2010

Daniel,

Thanks for pushing this.  I've looked at the OSISVariants filter and it
does indeed look (as stated in the Jira report by you and Chris) that it
has never been used for anything useful.  I'll try to nail down the
exact syntax for OSIS variant readings in general (not simply qere, as
we will have phrases and such in the NT) and update the filter to work
with this syntax.  I'm not sure what authoritative source was used for
whoever posted the wiki example-- it may be exactly correct, but I would
like to see something in the schema, user manual, or osis-core post
confirming the syntax before we settle on one to support for our
filter.  Should be quick to code once the syntax is nailed down.

Troy