[sword-devel] MacSword 2.1RC

Manfred Bergmann manfred.bergmann at me.com
Mon Jan 4 12:39:01 MST 2010

Hi David.

Am 25.12.2009 um 09:12 schrieb David Bell:

> Dear Manfred,
>
> What a Christmas gift! Having the headings back in my modules is wonderful. It has been a while since I have seen those. I think the last version that I had the headings working in was back around 1.2 or so. And the ability to specify a font for a specific module is fantastic. My problem has always been with the Greek and Hebrew modules. It is hard to find a good unicode font with letter styles that are nice in Latin, Greek and Hebrew. That is solved now that I can specify which font I want to use for each document.

Yeah. There is still lots of things to do for better text display customisation.

> The idea of including rtf notes was a surprise, but it is a great idea. I like to write my sermons in RTF, so I can have access to my sermons directly in MacSword without having to make modules out of them. In fooling around with it this morning, I couldn't exactly figure out how to change the name of the file (New Note) unless I went to the Finder and changed it there. The same was true of the folder.

Renaming works with left-click when the item is already selected. I think this is the same as in Finder but Finder additionally accepts CR to rename.

> Then I got an idea. I put aliases of my sermon folders into the MacSword Notes folder, but MacSword couldn't handle the alias. If that were possible, it would be a great way to have access to personal files without having to actually move them to an inconvenient place like the MacSword application sopport folder.

Aliases are not supported right now.
Need to check whether this is a big issue but I think not.

> I have one other question that ocurred to me this morning as I was enjoying all of the good thought and hard work that you and others have put into MacSword. Is there a good way to search for Strongs codes in a module? There used to be a search like "strongs:052", but I don't know if that is still valid. I looked at the Wiki, but it didn't mention anything about it.

Yeah, right, I'll add this to the wiki.
You'll have to enter the Strong's number prefixed by "h" or "g".
For example to search for the Strong's number "07225" for "beginning" in Gen 1:1 you'll search for "h07225".

Regards,
Manfred