[sword-devel] CMake

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 17:04:29 MST 2010

SWORD team,

For anyone interested in following along with the play-by-play of my
work on the CMake build system for SWORD, I have setup a preliminary
Wiki page: http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/CMake.  Of course, it
requires a certain familiarity with Bazaar (just to get the sources)
and I try to give at least a basic introduction to the general
operation of cmake.  I have not yet tested my script in Windows and
have only done a cursory test in Mac, but it worked there.

Some of the highlights are:
--I've successfully used it to configure and build in Linux with
minimal differences from the autotools version.
--Supports (forces) builds to be done in a separate directory from
source, so you keep builds separate from the source
--Pretty, colorized output (building with gcc in Bash, at least)
--Support for many different native project files, MS Visual Studio,
Xcode, Eclipse, etc.
--I have already successfully configured and built an iPhone version
using the included files.

Testing, feedback, comments, etc are all requested.

--Greg