[sword-devel] Verse range references for notes

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Thu Feb 4 01:15:48 MST 2010

Chris Little wrote:
> Peter von Kaehne wrote:
>> How should vese range references best be coded? I have a text (the
>> portugues again) which uses references covering a long section e.g.
>> vs1-11.
>
> This should definitely be supported. Assuming the range is in Esth.1,
> you encode this as:
>
> <verse osisID="Esth.1.1 Esth.1.2 Esth.1.3 Esth.1.4 Esth.1.5 Esth.1.6
> Esth.1.7 Esth.1.8 Esth.1.9 Esth.1.10 Esth.1.11">...</verse>

Sorry, this is entirely my fault. I thought in German when I wrote my
email + was tired to boot.

My problem are not ranged verses but ranged notes. The verses are each
singly 1 to 11 but there is a single footnote with  content covering
these 11 verses. It is not big enough to cut out and make a commentary
module, though this is an option. I would not like it though.

Peter