[sword-devel] PocketSword is "Ready for Sale"

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Tue Feb 2 18:14:27 MST 2010

Hi guys (& gals, if there are any lurking on the list?  A female friend of mine recently commented at the lack of posts to sword-devel by women, to which I had no comment!).

Ok, back on topic!  PocketSword v1.1 should be appearing on an App Store near you within the next 24 hours or so.  :)

Just in case you're interested, here's a quick list of the new features:

- Search added
- History items added (both for Bible browsing and for commentaries)
- Basic Dictionary support (lookup for Strong's numbers will be added in the next version!)
- Improved Bible and Commentary tabs UI (removed the Modules tab and you can now access your Bible modules from the Bible tab, Commentary modules from the Commentary tab, etc).
- Speed-up of app launch time
- Updated the SWORD library to v1.6.1
- i18n work completed, more localisations are now being worked on.
- French & Swedish added in this release.
- Alternative versification of Bibles groundwork completed (for example, Bibles with the Apocrypha can now be installed).
- Other minor bug fixes, improvements and speed ups.

oh, and cut and paste.  :)

A big thanks to Troy for giving me a couple of hours of help with the i18n & av11n stuff so that it now works nicely  :)  And to those helping with translating PS into other languages (French & Swedish are done & a few others are in the works!)...  :)

I've attached the email Apple just sent me as an FYI  :)

thanks, ybic
	nic...  :)

----
Nic Carter
PocketSword Developer - an iPhone Bible Study app
http://crosswire.org/pocketsword

Begin forwarded message: