[sword-devel] Supersedes field in conf file & front-end module management?

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon Feb 1 10:44:52 MST 2010

Peter von Kaehne wrote:
>> Von: David Haslam <d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk>
>
>> Any ideas on this topic?>
>
> Names modules which are superseded I thought. Similar to the version numbering in a way.

Yeah, I think Peter is correct.  The intention was that the InstallMgr
class would be smart about the upgrade path across module names if the
supersedes directive was used.  I'm not sure there is a frontend issue
here-- the code should probably all be down in the engine level.  I
don't remember writing or receiving contributed code to handle this, so
it's likely not yet implemented, but someone might speak up and remind
me otherwise.

Troy