[sword-devel] Remote Repositories

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Wed Dec 29 00:22:09 MST 2010

Hey Greg,

Thanks for the suggestions.  If we need to expand the functionality to a
full blown news facility, then using RSS sounds like the right technology.

Right now, I do think limiting the functionality is important.  I need
something easy to implement quickly so we can gain widespread adoption
in all of our frontend applications.

As Jonathan pointed out, the first, hardest part of implementing a
simple blurb feature for the publisher is freeing up real estate
somewhere for the component.  It's really not much thought or effort
beyond that.

If we get requests from publishers who desire to maintain their own RSS
feed within this mechanism, then we can expand the design at that time.

Thanks for the input.

Troy