[sword-devel] Linked in audio files

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Thu Aug 26 12:31:22 MST 2010

Thanks DM.

Here's a link to the MK program and the text and audio downloads.
Those of you who have Windows might just like to take the opportunity to see
it in action.

http://www.ibt.org.ru/english/bible/info_bible_en.htm

We already know that MK is not backwards compatible with our software in
this sense...
MK text-module add-ins cannot be installed in our front-end applications.
This is noted in our wiki. Chris made some strong comments about this back
in 2009 Q1.

On the other hand, our SWORD Bible modules can be installed in MK (just by
drag'n'drop of the ZIP file).

We should bear in mind a significant push for MK was to enable the nations
of Central Asia to read the Scriptures in their own languages, and as this
region (like many others) has a vibrant oral culture, hence the additional
requirement to link audio files.

These same reasons are also why Peter started this thread a few days ago,
albeit the region which prompted the venture is not Central Asia.

Let's constantly remind ourselves of CrossWire's tagline, Bringing the
Gospel to a new generation.

Yours in Christ's service,
David