[sword-devel] Crossreferences

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Tue Aug 17 15:41:44 MST 2010

On 17/08/10 20:01, Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
> Mike Hart <just_mike_y at yahoo.com> writes:
>> I'd really like this list of references as a commentary that can be
>> watched next to the text, However, adding material into texts that are
>> not present in the dead tree version is scary and deceptive to me.

There are several uses for such material.

1) Karl has suggested a module to render on the fly into it with some
different markup. This is fine by me.

2) Contrary to your notion of faithfulness to the paper, a fair number
of our texts have never been printed at all or the module has been
created as a valid and quite possibly more important way of distribution
than any paper Bible will be. Further, the languages where this is the
case are often languages where there is a a dearth of any kind of
sensible study material - quite unlike English.

So, with latter in mind I very much intend to create expanded modules,
exceeding any pre-existing paper editions - in conjunction with the
publishing teams for such languages. Why should e.g. the absence of a
printed Strong numbered Bible or a Bible with red letter marking
prohibit the use of a Public Domain text for exactly this?

Peter