[sword-devel] The Lexham English Bible (module LEB)

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Thu Apr 15 05:40:09 MST 2010

Today I installed the new module LEB, and began to examine it.

Idioms in the OSIS XML download are tagged like this: (Second part of
Col.4.18)

“bonds”</note>.

Just inside the <seg ... > </seg> markers, the two Unicode characters are
U+20FB MODIFIER LETTER BEGIN LOW TONE
U+20FC MODIFIER LETTER END LOW TONE

These two codepoints are not supported by some Unicode fonts.
Bible Desktop displays these as blank rectangles, with Arial Unicode MS font
selected in Options.

Please check how other front-end applications cope with this novelty.
I think it's new to us in CrossWire - that's the reason for my reporting
this observation.

David