[sword-devel] PocketSword features (was Re: frontend features, their applicability -- consistency?)

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Wed Apr 14 16:18:19 MST 2010

Ahh, I haven't used GenBooks for a very long time & so thanks for the replies that have shown me that it is extremely useful to add support for them in PocketSword.  :)  I will leave it on my tracker & add support soon  :)

As for other features that may or may not be possible on PS, I don't think we need to worry about what is or isn't possible with it.  There will be features that are present in the iPad version that aren't in the iPhone/iPod touch version.  Things like Bookmarks are easy, cause I'm about to completely rewrite how bookmarks work, so I can make my new bookmark format the same as the one Xiphos uses quite easily.  :)

This post is in an attempt to pull this discussion away from the main points Karl has made about feature parity amongst desktop front-ends.  :)  Make comments on the above in this thread & comments about the other stuff he said in the other.  :)  Feature parity is a useful discussion, but there are different expectations between something that runs on an OS with a windowing system and one that doesn't have that.  :)

Thanks, ybic
	nic...  :)