[sword-devel] InstallMgr questions...

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Thu Sep 24 06:56:24 MST 2009

Hi team, I have a couple of questions that aren't connected to the
discussion from May in any way at all (/me hears a large collective
sigh!)...  :)

Firstly, I was trying to get it to work and had issues where it uses a
tmp file & so had to move the tmp file for it to work.  I have a
suggested way that this could be done & have attached a couple of
patches for ftplibftpt.cpp/h.  Hopefully they are ok?  If not, I can
simply apply them whenever I check out a new version of sword...  ;)
[FYI, on the iPhone everything is sandboxed & an app doesn't even have
read access to lots of the file system, let alone write, so instead of
using the cwd I need to get the ftplib to use a location that is rw-
able...  :)  ]

My other question is to do with user feedback.  I can't see any way of
providing feedback for how an install is progressing?  What I'd love
is some sort of % in order to provide feedback to the user of how far
along we are through an install of a module, so they know it hasn't
hung...  I'm not concerned if it's detailed or simple, but something
would be nice...  :)
If there's something built-in & I've just failed to find it, please
just point me in the right direction...  :)

thanks, ybic
	nic...  :)