[sword-devel] Pre-verse headings and osis2mod

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 19:22:40 MST 2009

I have a couple of problems with pre-verse headings and osis.
First up, pre-verse div's have been introduced, superseding the old title
x-preverse hack.
How can you tell from the entry attributes whether it came from a title or a
div? is it just that if it comes from a title, it won't start with an "<"?
I've tried that in BPBible, and it seems to work - but I don't really trust
it. (this is important in BPBible because otherwise it starts wrapping the
contents of pre-verse divs inside h6 tags, creating loads of whitespace...)

It would make it more consistent if the heading filter output the <title>
around it for the old-style pre-verse titles.

I've attached a (validating) OSIS document, and the raw verse data file for
it. It's possibly not good OSIS, but I don't know.

Observe the probable abundance of whitespace, and try turning headings on
and off.
One big problem here is that structure is being put into these pre-verse
divs by osis2mod.
This includes things like paragraph starts, poetry line starts, etc.
(e.g.
<l level="1"><verse sID="Mark.1.3" osisID="Mark.1.3"/>Line level 1<verse
eID="Mark.1.3"/>
=>
sID="gen6"/><div type="x-milestone" subType="x-preverse" eID="pv3"/>Line
level 1
)

Unless the structure is completely contained in the pre-verse div, it
shouldn't be turned off when the headings filter is turned off.

God Bless,
Ben
Multitudes, multitudes,
   in the valley of decision!