[sword-devel] maps

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 07:47:16 MST 2009

Remember, also, at least according to the Free Software Foundation,
that the authors of a program are not able to copyright, patent or
license the data which a user produces with a program.  E.G. SWORD
cannot force a particular license on the content of Personal
commentary modules, Microsoft can't claim copyright of the output of
the Word documents, etc., even if they can patent the format of a Word
document.  I don't know where this program sits in the range between
generating the output for a user versus just displaying it - and it's
encouraging if the person who owns the tool recognizes all productions
as PD.

--Greg