[sword-devel] maps

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Thu Sep 10 00:43:38 MST 2009

mmital wrote:
> That is great news.
>
> The maps at http://bibleatlas.org/ were also produced using this
> software. Although the bibleatlas maps are copyrighted material, they
> are a good example of the type of things that can be created.
>
> Anyone interested in creating a workplan? Thanks!

I do not want to stop anyone working on maps, but:

The maps produced with this tool will be hard to translate into other
languages. We have an abundance of English language material (including
maps).

What we need is material which can be taken by an interpreter and
re-issued in other languages.

The solution for this are SVG maps where the text can get extracted and
replaced.

Peter