[sword-devel] Devanagari text displays different in SWORD than in the source IMP file
d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Mon Sep 7 07:40:17 MST 2009
I suppose a follow-up task for CrossWire is to determine which of our
existing modules (if any) have text that contains codepoint U+200D
David Haslam wrote:
> Hi Tim,
> By pasting your reply into SC Unipad, I have found the actual difference.
> After the Virama, U+094D
> The correct one has U+200D Zero-width joiner
> The Sword one has U+200C Zero-width non-joiner
> My guess is that this is a bug deep in the Sword engine.
> We need Troy's expert eyes to find the root cause.
> -- David Haslam
> Tim Chase-13 wrote:
>> Hi David
>> I have tried several different Unicode fonts and still the display of
>> some words are incorrect. For instance you might want to try to display
>> the first word of Mark 1:1 of the text that I sent you. The correct
>> rendering of this word is परमेश्वरका but the way SWORD renders the
>> text, it looks like परमेश्वरका . which is an incorrect rendering of the
>> 4th character in the word which should be a half character. You'll
>> notice the hylanta below that character position. That is a half
>> character marker but, it should be invisable on this word. Any words
>> that have half characters have the hylanta showing in SPW. Try BPBible
>> and the words will render correctly.
>> I know the differences are slight but they do make a difference.
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Devanagari-text-displays-different-in-SWORD-than-in-the-source-IMP-file-tp25137030p25331562.html
Sent from the SWORD Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the sword-devel