[sword-devel] swlocale question

Manfred Bergmann bergmannmd at web.de
Sat Sep 5 02:51:13 MST 2009

Am 04.09.2009 um 22:59 schrieb Jonathan Marsden:

> How all that fits together, and how SWORD-using apps should fit it
> all together, is potentially fairly complex and so IMO worth
> documenting. For example, if a SWORD app has 4 modules open, each a
> bible in a different language, which set or sets of book
> abbreviations should each module window use (a) in its drop down
> lists and (b) in handling user-entered verse references?

In my opinion the language of book names and abbreviations should be
according to the system locale because that's the preferred language
of the user.
For verse reference handling AFAIK SWORD supports english always even
if a different locale is set.
So for example I could enter a german book name but also an english
book name.
The same would apply to verse reference notation but currently SWORD
only supports the english one anyway I think.

Manfred