[sword-devel] Linking to General Books

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 19:20:35 MST 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org> wrote:
> Ideally, osisRefs should point at references using a standard reference
> scheme. Obviously that won't exist for every work, but I suspect there is a
> standard reference scheme for the Book of Concord. I find a description of a
> simple & compact reference scheme at
> http://bookofconcord.org/abbreviations.php, though I don't know if it is
> necessarily standard. So the best solution is probably to recode the keys of
> Concord to employ IDs like "Concord:SA.Preface", but you may not want to go
> to the trouble of doing that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't that mean that all users will see
"SA > Preface" rather than "The Smalcald Articles > Preface of Dr.
Martin Luther"?  Is that a good thing?  I quite agree that standard
references would be a nice thing, but not if it interferes with how
the book is displayed to the user.  [Probably what is really needed is
to separate the OSIS ref lookup from the key displayed to the user,
but I doubt that is a small job or will happen soon].

Jon