[sword-devel] BibleCS 1.5.99

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Fri Oct 9 08:22:53 MST 2009

Troy,

A common attribute for these three problematic modules (AraSVD, Tisch, WEB)
is this:

They are available with identical names in both repositories, CrossWire and
CrossWire beta, albeit with different version numbers.

This causes the Install Manager & Sword to be confused.

Best regards,

David Haslam

David Haslam wrote:

> I have just reverted to use v1.5.11 for sword.exe and installmanager.exe
>
> The three modules AraSVD, Tisch, WEB do now display Bible text again.
> Whew!
>
> They are not visible in the CrossWire beta pane of Install Manager.
>
> There must be a bug in v1.5.99 that affects these three modules in some
> peculiar way.
>
> Further feedback....
>
> While I had v1.5.99 in place, I also used Install Manager to install these
> two Daily Devotional modules
>
> [Daily]
> [SME]
>
> Both installed OK, and did not cause an exception in Sword 1.5.99, and
> they did display OK.
> Now that I have v1.5.11 back in place, neither module displays anything.
>
> David Haslam
>

> David Haslam wrote:
>>
>> Furthermore, I also tried using Install Manager to remove the same three
>> modules that I had just installed.
>>
>> They remained in place in the right hand pane.
>>
>> And more to the point, if I selected AraSVD or Tisch or WEB in Sword,
>> each module is completely empty.
>>
>> This is very strange behaviour.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> David Haslam
>>

>> David Haslam wrote:
>>>
>>> Troy,
>>>
>>> There seems to be a problem with Install Manager.
>>>
>>> It indicated that these three beta modules were more recent than what I
>>> had installed.
>>>
>>> [AraSVD]
>>> [Tisch]