[sword-devel] OSIS feature support and questions

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 10:54:25 MST 2009

> 3) A reference with a workID that matches the [NAME] of a module will refer
> to that module. It is not required that the module exist at all. The use of
> future names will probably merit some discussion to codify them. There is no
> support for this in the SWORD engine at this time.

Is this still accurate? I thought there was a long discussion about
this previously and we discovered that there was indeed support for
this, just the OSISHTMLHREF filters needed updated to output something
for it. As of 1.6.0, the filters have been modified to output sword://
style links for these references, which works in Xiphos and BPBible
(which are the only ones using these filters as far as I know). My
understanding was that BibleTime already was handling these properly
in their own filters.

I've used them already quite a bit in a module I'm working on, and
they seem to work fine. For instance, this

 <reference osisRef="ISBE:MIZRAIM">Mizraim</reference>

does exactly what you would expect. I also have this

	<work osisWork="ISBE">
	      <refSystem>Dict.Strongs</refSystem>
	</work>

at the beginning of my file, but I'm unsure whether this is necessary or not.

Anyway, this works fine for me in Xiphos, so I guess I'm unclear where
the lack of support is.

Matthew

PS It looks like these links cause a segfault in BibleTime, so
apparently they don't have support for this in their filters after
all. Still, it's a filter issue, not an engine issue.