[sword-devel] Beta testing - was Re: Windows users as "poor cousins"?

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Fri Oct 2 05:27:11 MST 2009

> Von: David Haslam <d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk>

> We Windows users (using the latest binary v1.5.11, & not having compiled
> from source)  see several beta modules that cannot be installed yet.
> Four of these are not due to needing av11n, but because they require the
> Ruby markup feature.

I am not aware that any frontend has been released with Ruby markup enabled.

> So we don't get the chance to install the four Japanese Bible modules,
> and CrossWire doesn't have the benefit of whatever feedback we might
> otherwise have been able to provide from the Windows platform.

> Not that we could all read Japanese (I can't!), but at least we could
> comment on functionality

Modules which are not accessible to the majority of frontends will probably need to remain in beta anyway.

But that aside, Beta is full of modules which are in good shape and just require testing. I have started very slowly and will continue now. Any help is appreciated. Being able to read the language is obviously nice, but I think the same applies to the vast majority of our modules - unreadable by most of us.

Peter