[sword-devel] Install Manager HTTP question...

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Thu Oct 1 01:13:00 MST 2009

Hi there team.  :)

So, apparently HTTP isn't really supported with the SWORD
InstallMgr...  I've been looking around & trying to figure out what is
missing & I've discovered that there seems to be a sorta-framework for
HTTP in there, but it's half done...  I'm looking at what is required
to get this working on an iPhone & currently have 2 choices:  Either
write my own stuff in Obj-C or figuring out what is required to make
it work in the SWORD lib...

Poking around on the mailing list, it seems like the reason someone
hadn't done it so far was (well, besides that it works fine with FTP,
so ppl just use that!) there was no code to parse a directory listing
when you retrieve it via HTTP?

Anyway, if someone could outline what's the deal, that would be
great.  :)  I'd rather code for the SWORD InstallMgr rather than
making my own code more of a mess by doing things the SWORD way for
FTP & my own for HTTP...  ;)

Thanks heaps, ybic
	nic...  :)