[sword-devel] Flag icons for localization menu options?

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Thu Nov 19 04:09:06 MST 2009

David Haslam <d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk> wrote:

> Some Windows applications have a country flag icon shown along with the
> language name for choosing localization options.
> One example is  http://www.safer-networking.org/ Spybot Search & Destroy .
> This is also in the actual application (Language menu), not just as is shown
> on their website.
>
> What do developers think of this concept?

I strongly dislike it. Nationalities don't map very well to languages.
In many cases, there are resentments in countries which "also" use a
given language against the country which is primarily associated with
that language.

Greetings,
Norbert

--
siug.ch     -- Swiss Internet User Group, an initiative of /ch/open
adaptux.com -- Empowering adaptation of IT to your business processes